Saturday, October 25, 2003

eyes wide shut

my two trial daily disposable lenses rest in a nest of tissue paper on my desk, reminding me of the 10 or so minutes i spent trying to remove them from my eyes.

Yup. My first try at wearing soft lenses. Not too good ay.

I've always been a RGP (rigid gas permeable) or hard lens user. Ever since Sec 2 i think. Might surprise some cos my degree is pretty low. (I've been wearng glasses since Pri 6 and my degree is 175/150 with astig of 100)

Yeah alright, I'm a vainpot. I never liked to wear specs. But these days I always wear them.

I think it all started during the 6month internship. I'd never spent hours in front of a computer before but with the internship at SCV, doing video editing, I had no choice really.

And that was when my contact lenses, perfectly fine until then, started becoming real uncomfortable.

Mostly because when you stare a computer screen, you blink less and in an airconditioned environment, your eyes get real dry. So it didn't work out. I wore specs a lot. But school began and the contacts beckoned.

Now, working here and staring at two computer screens (one a mac, the other a pc) for what... 8 hours a day, it's the same deal. So my specs never leave me. I don't wear them all the time but I always make sure I bring them.

I decided though that I'd like to get some lenses, for weekend use maybe. (yes vainpot again). So I've got a few trial pairs. acuvue toric ones. and will see how it goes. hopefully the next day i put them on (tomorrow maybe?) taking it off won't be such a problem.

I know some people think that puttig them on is much worse but not in my case. I've never had problems with putting contacts in or putting eye drops and stuff. But taking them out?? OUCH!!! The thought of 'pinching' the lens from my eye kinda freaks me out a little. sigh....

No comments: