Thursday, October 16, 2003

oh what a beautiful morning

now that is something you'll seldom hear from me but I was just admiring the serenity, the calmness of Singapore in the wee hours of 5 am.

I was on my way to work in a lousy old bus with a cranky bus driver. But as I stared out of the window in my half-numb state, I realised that I like going to work at this time. It was such a different Singapore then usual. The roads were empty, except for some taxis prowling. The air was cool and breezy. And it was quiet. Peaceful. Words one would hardly use to describe this country most of the time.

But those words work for the morning.

Some peole think it's a little crazy to begin work at 530 AM. Yeah I thought this way too when I first started but I've since changed my mind. It's a gorgeous time to start work, that is provided you are an early riser.

The hard part for me isn't the waking up. Sure I grumble and am pretty cranky at 5. But the problem is getting to sleep, especially when switching over from the night shift.

But unfortunately, I will be heading back to the PM again next week. After only a two-weeker in the AM. On the bright side, I get to sleep in again!

On another note, The Guardian has an award for British blogs. Have a look at the judges' sites! here

No comments: