Wednesday, September 12, 2007

the village of Lewes

Lewes is about a half hour bus ride on the 28 or 29 from the university, which is itself about 20 minutes from Brighton.
an old bookshop in lewes
The Fifteenth Century Bookshop on High Street. Yes, the building really has been around for centuries and it's been a secondhand bookstore since 1986.

ageing bookshelves in lewes
Check out those bookshelves! I wonder what happens when it rains.

keere street

keere street in lewes
We wandered down Keere Street, which is a steep cobblestoned street lined with cute little houses with tiny doors.

IMG_3005

Southover Grange Gardens in Lewes

Southover Grange Gardens in Lewes
Not far from Keere Street is the Southover Grange Gardens, with some gorgeous colours to brighten up this otherwise washed out day.



all packed

all packed
And then I was all packed and ready for a week driving around England.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the bookshop one! May have to go on a trip to Lewes now, just to see it.

RealLifeReading said...

Thanks! I wish I had had the time to poke around inside! So if you do go, let me know what it's like.