Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Is it because I lied when I was 17?

So i woke up at 6am to go for a jog, not really a stretch for me as I"m quite a morning person. Brushed teeth, combed hair, washed my face and trudged downstairs to pick up the papers. I step outside and I hear it. I feel it.

The drizzle, which turned into a slightly heavier drizzle.

I glare at the sky, take in the one free paper and the other somewhat free paper and head back in for breakfast with the cow that laughs instead.

Anyway, getting up earlier gave me time to read the newspapers (Life was chockablock with StarWars stuff... while I'm wanting to see the movie, there somehow just isn't enough excitement for me to diediemustget preview tickets) compared how the national was a less interesting read than the SCMP whose weekend edition i checked out yesterday. Admired the clean layout and font, and more importantly the ample space for book reviews, nice arts pieces (even one on the Sg Arts Fest).

Learnt to my horror yesterday that my beloved NY Times

On the online edition's front page, a notice from the ed-in-chief
The Times is announcing Times Select, a premium package that will include its Op-Ed columns, its special voices in business, metro and sports, and greater access to its archive. To learn more about the offering, which will be available in September, please read the news article and a press release.

Leonard M. Apcar
Editor in Chief



At least most of the stories will still be free unlike you-know-what. But Op-Ed and columns will be charged! But some columns are found on IHT, so maybe I can read them there or does it not work that way?

In other news, I'm heading off to Hong Kong on Friday and will be back Wednesday! I still havent a clue where to go! I do want to poke around Macau a bit. Dimsumdolly suggested Lantau Island and Soho.
Any suggestions? anyone?

2 comments:

huckerby said...

"the invisible band" is one of those albums that i never got around to buying... haha

Anonymous said...

hi shar, i found u too! this is what happens when i force myself to sit in front of the computer to do work...i start surfing...and ta da!