Thursday, February 12, 2009

Library Loot (12 Feb 2008)

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

The Autobiography of Malcolm X - Malcolm X
City of Thieves - David Benioff (here's one rave )
Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond
The Given Day - Dennis Lehane

(I've been wanting to read anything by Jared Diamond for the longest time, but never managed to get my hands on a copy until today, when I happened to wander down one of the shelves, and tada... there it was.)


samantha.1020 said...

I've been wanting read Guns, Germs, and Steel for awhile now. I've just never picked it up from the library so I hope you enjoy :)

Tym said...

I enjoyed both Collapse and Guns, Germs and Steel, even though they drag in parts. Collapse is a great way into learning about lesser-known civilisations that once lived on Easter Island, Greenland or in the middle of the South Pacific.

Eva said...

I really enjoyed Guns, Germs, and Steel. And while I don't think 'enjoy' is the right word for the Autobiography of Malcolm X, it's a good book.

Alessandra said...

Happy Library Loot!

jacketsandcovers said...

I read Guns, Germs, and Steel quite some time ago, but I remember liking it, but I loved Collapse, so I'm more inclined to recommend that than Guns. Enjoy your library loot.