Friday, February 13, 2004

copycontrol bulls**t

yah know, i dun get the deal with "Copy Controlled" Cds. These are them Cds that come with that little logo.


I'm sure you've seen 'em before.

Anyway I bought two Copy Controlled CDs a couple of weeks back. Turin Brakes' Ether Song and My Morning Jacket's It Still Moves.

And you know what? it still copies!

First I made a copy of MMJ for a friend. I did a direct copy using the software that comes with the PC. No problem there and the CD played perfectly fine.

And then made another copy of MMJ for someone else as well as the Turin Brakes. Surprise surprise. No problems there either.

So today I figured, maybe Copy Controlled means you can't rip the CD. And since i've got my new baby, my iPod i mean, I decided to test out that theory by ripping Turin Brakes using iTunes. And you know, I'm listening to track 4 Self Help right now. So, Copy Controlled is a load of bulls**t really. Maybe it's some ploy to get people to buy a non-copy controlled version??? i dunno...

anyway like that funky grandma on The Kumars At No 42 said, "copyright in India means the right to copy"!!! hilarious...

No comments: