Sunday, February 08, 2004

library drive

Took a drive down to the Queenstown library on a hot lazy Sunday afternoon, My Morning Jacket's It Still Moves on the cd player. Golden is definitely a driving song. It conjures images of driving down the coast, in a convertible of course with the top down and the wind in my hair.

Sigh... need to get out of here...

Anyway I got a stack of books from the library and then had to join the damn long queue to check out. It's a little pathetic that this brand new library, with two floors of books only has 6 check-out machines. All on the first floor. And one of them wasn't working.

I mean, what kind of cow sense is that? (forgive my bovine put-down) But don't these people who plan the libraries think??

After spending 15 minutes in the queue I finally manage to haul my stuff out of the library and head back. And that's all I did today!

I did watch the stuff I taped yesterday (the two a little mediocre but still somewhat entertaining sitcoms What I LIke About You and 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughters - which has to be one of the most ridiculously stupid sitcom titles ever, The Simpsons, Band Of Brothers and Scrubs) while I went to go see the movie, have dinner and coffee.

But I must admit to being addicted to Band Of Brothers. It is truly an excellent excellent series. I thought initially that it would be damn boring. YOu know, cos it's all about WWII and all but it's very compelling. The way the tales of these men of the Easy Company are featured. I really liked the ep where they featured the medic, when they were in the forests of Bastogne in the winter. Here's the synopsis from BBC

The storyline is terribly fascinating and the way the series was shot is amazing. It's very well made and I'm sure tons of money went into it but it was all worth it.

oh yeah also updated Bookbound.

No comments: