Saturday, July 23, 2005

a saturday at the office

meant I had to make full use of my Friday night.

It meant a 5 1/2 hr wine and snacks at Wine
Company - far too crowded these days for my taste
but it's still far better than Network (a bit too
cobwebby for my taste - I'm not saying I was
covered in cobwebs the last time i was there, but
that it's too much like a dark cellar where the
walls might just be full of cobwebs)

wine co changed their cheese platter - instead of
these 1mm by 1mm by 1mm cubes of cheese speared
with toothpicks they've now gone upmarket with
slices of cheese with toothpicks. But where's the
carrot and celery sticks guys? That's supposed to
help clear the palate before moving onto the next
cheese. And since we're on the cheese, how about
not having the smoked cheese which my friend
reckons tastes of ham and I thought tasted of
pepper. (it's almost like eating a damn pizza!)

We didnt start out too well, the Chardonnay was
quite average, and reminded me why I don't like
Chardonnays very much. The award-winning red from
Scotts Brook was not too bad but the best wine
was a little sparkler from South Africa. We were
fortunate to get the last bottle.

And after that, had prata at that little cafe
beside NIE/SMU/NUS law.

I think I need to go find another place for wine.
One far less crowded.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: