Thursday, February 17, 2005

loveless

i started this blog ten minutes ago. then decided to can it. cos it was essentially me talking about my lack of a love life. and i was thinking, why should i post that? for people to read? and now after reading this silly horoscope compatibility shite i decided to fk with it, i'm just now going to bitch about my lack-of-love life.

it all started out with valentine's day. and being dateless. again. and how i got a phone call fr the uk fr that sweet boy to wish me a happy valentine's. and earlier in the day i had gotten an sms fr this idiot (who's not really an idiot, but really quite a nice guy when he wants to be. but who's made me very pissed off by the way he doesn't want to be straightforward and who i think is a bloody coward for not being straightfwd with me) saying happy valentine's day. so when i got that i was like 'what an idiot'. an SMS!!

anyway getting back to my horoscope thingy, my friend sent me something else abt horoscopes earlier and i had remarked how true that one seemed. at least for me and my relationships. and then i read this one and one sentence stuck out at me. or more like stuck its palm out and slapped me across the face.

"(Cancerians) are frequently considered to be heart-breakers"

(ok make that part of a sentence)

bcos damnit the Idiot labelled me one not too long ago.
ok he was drunk when he called me and said a lot of stuff but i am a firm believer of alcohol being a sort of truth serum (it definitely makes me loosen my tongue). so i am inclined to believe that he meant it and some other things he inadvertently revealed.

he didnt remember what the hell he told me when i asked him about it the day after. figures.

anyway the more i read my horoscope, the more it sounded like someone was reading my personality profile. shockingly insightful these things can be.

of course i'm not going to run out and heed every other horoscope i read in the glossies. but somehow this just rang true with me. like for one thing, i am very moody and i definitely have this need to feel secure - emotionally and financially.

good god and this too
Since Cancer hates rejection and is usually extremely cautious about making any form of committment, he or she will often try to avoid giving an answer and must never be rushed into providing one

and of course they have
At their best, Cancer partners are loyal, supportive, nurturing, compassionate, caring, dedicated, emotionally faithful, tender, pampering and adoring. At worse, they are possessive, jealous, moody, volatile, controlling, dependent and prone to suffer from depression.

and then
Likes: hobbies, romance, children, parties, home and country.

Dislikes: failure, opposition, aggravating situations, being told what to do and being given advice...whether good or bad.


the more i read this website (and there is plenty to read! except that for some strange reason only certain horoscopes are written about...) the more i go "woah" cos it sounds like me. is that nuts or what?

ok maybe except for this:
These are souls who avoid using charge cards if they can pay in cash immediately...and they usually can. then again, maybe cos i only use a debit card n i dont have my own credit card. so that's not exactly charging something is it?


Suitable Occupations Include:
- Medical - Chemical - Pharmaceutical - Nutritional - Education - Chef - Realtor - Musician - Artist - Acting - Broker -
- Archaeology - Farming - Catering - Historian - Merchandising - Manufacturer -


i knew i shouldve been an archaeologist.

Being a Water sign, Cancer individuals have a tendency to overindulge in wine and alcohol...beverages which are not tolerated well by these natives damn now they tell me.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

anything about Aries pple? wat's the URL?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's the URL?? Let me see what they say about Scorpios!

Anyway, i think my love life (or rather terrible lack of one) is much worse...always being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks.

Am feeling the need to feel emotionally and financially secure too. Sigh.