Monday, September 05, 2005

out of breath

now what is going for a jog without music?

I've been updating my 'got my running shoes on' playlist in the ipod. (I've also got another playlist of sleepy music to fall asleep to but that's another story)

music definitely helps me when exercising, even when at the office gym with the damn radio blasting, i bring along the ipod for the right music.

i've been starting off with one of my favourite Jimmy Eat World songs - The Authority Song = it's got a good happy beat and is good for easing from a walk into a jog.

with the shuffle mode on, anything can happen, from The Strokes' 12:51, Live's All Over You, Spoon's The Guest List/The Execution to Pearl Jam's Down and Am Radio's Oh Oh Oh. Essentially anything with a good beat and catchy start.

Then there are some songs I leave at the top of the playlist, when I just need a boost music-wise. (haha!)

These include:

Pearl Jam's State Of Love And Trust
Coldplay's Shiver
The Strokes' The End Has No End
Jimmy Eat World's Praise Chorus
Blink 182's Down (!)
Muse's Hysteria (good for a sprint! whenever this song comes up, it makes me want to run, strangely enough)
Radiohead's Myxamatosis
and lately Lifehouse's Out Of Breath (especially the second refrain of "I keep running... I am running....") (yes, Lifehouse is on my ipod)

it was just too hot today for a good one...

iTunes is playing Pavement's Elevate Me Later

3 comments:

Dawn said...

you make jogging sound so appealing all of a sudden! i've never run with music before...perhaps shd try...

RealLifeReading said...

oh i highly recommend it. plus studies have shown that exercising with music strengthens cognitive skills! :)

uraraa said...

exercise music?? sthg uptempo of cos. std dance music rhythm for aerobics - my choice BoA or Utada, or to vent frustration/go jogging: punk rock - sum41/kick the can crew
exercising part is optional:PPP