Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day 3

I sometimes forget that its only my third day here. I keep thinking that there's still so much of this place I haven't yet seen. Then I think, oh that's right, I could do more exploring over the course of the year. Some of my housemates, who have been here for a couple of months taking English courses, have taken trips up to Cambridge, Canterbury, London and more.

This afternoon, as I sat on the pebbled beach and looked out at the waves crashing on the beach, I could not help but be amazed that I get to spend a year here. I really ought to take photos of the place soon!

Oh and on day three, I went to school to get my student ID, took some photos for my bus card and bought that as well, hit the library for a couple of texts and two DVDs, and then headed back to clean the room properly and do laundry. And in the midst of all that, I took the time to sit on the beach, until the wind got too strong and blew me back in.

No comments: