Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Burger day out

Yes MT of course I had to blog about this! (maybe i should change the name of the blog to the burger blog, although there's already A Hamburger Today)

It was a towering sight. (sorry no pics - my camera's unfortunately old and not slim enough for my bag, plus I never understand how anyone can just whip out their camera and snap photos in dining establishments or well, pubs)

The Dubliner's burger ($22) with the works.

Fried egg
Mushrooms
Crispy onion (eh)
Sundried tomatoes
Back bacon

However, I wasn't asked by the er.. oompaloompa how I'd like the burger done, which to me, is a no no.
It ended up being a little more done than I'd like it to be.
Plus I wasn't entirely fond of the bun. It seemed to me a larger version of those you get at your hawker centre western food stall.
The side salad was quite good, with a slightly tangy lemony dressing. (tried to find the name of the salad leaf but i havent a damn clue)
The fries were good. Crispy but soft on the inside and not the stringy type you get at McDonalds but the slightly fatter type.
Paired with an Erdinger. Lovely.

The sandwiches which my friends had come with scarily thick bread.
The last time I had that was in Hong Kong (no not that one in East Coast Road) but HK HK, some french toast thing.
It also reminds me of the bread in Tokyo, impossible to make a sandwich with.
I like my bread sliced thinly thank you. Unless it's walnut or sunflower seed bread. A thick slice would suffice, with butter.

I did like that Dubliner offered a Build-yr-own burger and had interesting toppings ($2 each) like horseraddish, falafel(!) and different types of cheese like Ricotta and Emmenthal.

Plus it's a nice location, despite the screech of buses as they stop to let passengers off just outside the building, just a couple of minutes walk from Somerset.

Yet another burger down, too many more to go.

How about this for a burger? Thought a quarterpounder is enough? How about a 35-pounder? Can you say heartburn?

Currently listening to Grandaddy's Lost on Yer Merry Way

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oompaloompa hahaha! eh, i think rocket/arugula leaves were used in the side salad. is this the name you were looking for? :P

RealLifeReading said...

aha! yes... salad leaves always confuse me.

huckerby said...

what's wrong with taking out a camera to capture the lovely food! :P