Monday, August 29, 2005

nothing standing in my way

After reading DSD's lovely entry on what would make a perfect day for her, I, of course, began to wonder the same for myself.

A perfect day would start with
1) waking up and realising I don't have to go to work later in the day, that I have the whole day to do whatever the hell I like
2) opening the curtains and seeing that it's a clear sunny day
3) putting on some happy weekendish music (Jack Johnson's always a good bet) to listen to while brushing my teeth
4a) pouring myself a glass of cold milk and another of OJ
4b) cracking two eggs and beating them with some salt and pepper
4c) the sizzle as the pat of butter hits the pan
4d) scrambling the eggs, toasting the bread and
4e) sitting down to enjoy my breakfast, with a good book or magazine. or if it's a sunday, the comics.
5) Knowing that I've got a full day ahead of me - meeting friends/family for lunch/tea/dinner/drinks
6) Sometime in the day, having a nice hot cup of coffee
7) Later in the day, a nice bottle of wine, preferably with a mindblowing dinner
8) And of course, dessert, preferably with chocolate as a main ingredient

The perfect day could also include....
9) Going for a drive in the new car with the windows and sunroof down and the music loud
10) Watching one of my favourite shows on DVD, preferably a comedy, and munching on popcorn
11) Going for a swim
12) Going shopping and actually finding things I want to buy (and can afford)
13) Reading a good book
14) Trying out some new restaurant/cafe and discovering that I actually want to go back there again

15) It should end finally with a good night's sleep (the kind where you just drift off into slumberland and not toss and turn, waiting for sleep to knock you out) And happy dreams, knowing that somewhere, somehow, I'll have another 24 hours to do this all, and more, again.


Although, with so many things to do, I think I'll need more than 24 hours for my perfect day.


Listening to Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes

No comments: