Friday, August 05, 2005

living beyond my means

after discovering how much money I unknowingly spent last month, i spent the afternoon doing some shopping.

sigh.

i think i should not go out. should stay home and repent. and spend as little money as possible.

Or maybe I should try to find out how to meet this guy:

The 18th Earl of Pembroke.
He's 27 and worth 125 million pounds.
one of the world's most eligible bachelors?

Besides lunch and shopping, I popped by the new library to find the shelves in the basement mostly empty. So I went upstairs to the reference section where there are plenty books (although when I think about how this is The National Library, the collection is still a bit pathetic - there were very few books on media) but
as I've previously mentioned, i don't like reading in libraries so it's of absolutely no use to me. I just spent time browsing the shelves, looking at the various magazines - including the Times Literary Supplement and the New York Review of Books (although somehow the latest issues seemed to be that of May)

It was amazingly busy for a Friday afternoon and I was getting a bit bored (also cos I filled up my book quota at the library a few days ago) so popped over to Bugis Junction where I bought this top
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
from a local store called tien
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and these shoes from Americaya.

and I've got shoes that I bought a few months ago that i've only worn once! Ok I have an excuse, sorta - they're just not shoes to walk ard in. Like I had to explain to a guy friend once, there are shoes I buy so that I can wear to work, wear to go out shopping, to catch buses with. And then there are shoes I buy cos I just can't resist them and they're only good for walking from, say, car to restaurant.

I realise I started out talking about saving money and ended up musing about my latest purchases. I really have to not spend so much and save more!

iTunes is playing Nirvana - Come As You Are

Tags:

And in honour of tonight's concert, here's the dl for today. The Bravery - Swollen Summer

1 comment:

uraraa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.