Tuesday, January 31, 2006

and it all begins again

The third day of CNY and all is quiet in the office. I wander up to the fifth floor rooftop for a "fresh air" break and watch the cars zoom across the flyover below. The air is clear and a gentle breeze blows. I wish I could stay up here for longer and not have to breathe in the recycled air downstairs. But my dinner of beef, eggplant and chilli fusili awaits.

While I don't resent working on public holidays, there's still something about being in the office when everyone else is off gallivanting and making merry, or just sleeping it off.

I can't wait for my day off on Thursday.

Currently...
Listening: Teitur - One And Only
Drinking: Barley tea
Supposed to be doing: page 2 summaries


I have been asked for some new music. Am thinking up a list of recent favourites to put up.
Be patient

Meanwhile, head over to Borrowed Tunes for some um, borrowed tunes.
Otherwise Mocking Music has loads of live ones from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

On a non-music note, the Royal Society of Literature asked JK Rowling, Phillip Pullman and Andrew Motion, the Poet Laureate, to choose 10 books they think every child should read.

No comments: