Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I just had to, I couldn't help it

Despite leaving the office at 130 on Tuesday morning, and reaching home at about 150, I decided, after a quick shower and change, that I would watch Project Runway.

I already knew who won, having read some article about Jay on Village Voice accidentally, and also browsing through a copy of Elle magazine I spotted the model Julia in her winning photo shoot. So the game was up really, but I still was dying to see their collections. I was quite blown away by Kara Saun's aviator-themed clothes and quite liked some pieces in Jay's funky collection, especially his gorgeous quilted jacket. Wendy Pepper was rather a confused uncohesive mess. But then, hardly anything else was expected.

I had to force myself to press the stop button on the remote control, and leave watching Grey's Anatomy to later in the day.

Which is of course the first useful thing I did after waking up.

But remembering a promise to my dad, I made up a batch of Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies, this time, using a sample of Sucanat he had brought home. (Sucanat is the evaporated juice of whole organically grown sugar cane.) It was, however, the colour of molasses and turned the cookies very brown. (the camera's battery had gone flat, so I don't have brown cookie photos)

I must announce how much I love this recipe. It produces some chewy soft chocolatey cookies - the way they're meant to be. However, I noticed that the Sucanat creates a less sweet cookie and adds to the slightly fudgy texture. At any rate, I prefer using organic sugar than refined white sugar. It's got a far more intense flavour.

listening to: Wilco - I'm The Man Who Loves You (Live from the Majestic Theatre)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

yar it was a tough choice between jay and kara saun. but somehow, for that last runway show, jay's whimsical feel appealed to me more. and oh, how i wish austin got into the final three too. tho he's so drama, his clothes are beautiful...