Saturday, February 25, 2006

Going Tex-Mex

I've not eaten at Holland Village for a while, mostly cos of problem parking, but today, remembering the new carpark that's been built, my mom says "let's go!" So we went.

The carpark isn't exactly very big but we managed to find a space after some waiting around. And finally we were seated at Cha Cha Cha.

I love Tex-Mex food - but all those beans and cheese just screams of Fat Bastard so it's a once-in-a-long-while thing. The family's favourite Mex restaurant was the good ole Chico's and Charlie's at Liat Towers but it shut a long time ago, although it recently got resurrected as part of the Harry's chain and can now be found at Orchard Hotel. I wasn't too impressed.

Cha Cha Cha got a bit of a makeover, giving it a more modern, less tacky look. And more space for tables. Overall, it looked great, except for what seemed to be an absence of airconditioning (it was a really hot day).

The nachos and dip arrived. The nachos were great of course but the salsa, although very tasty and had a good heat to it, was quite watery.

I ordered the spinach enchilada, which I know isn't exactly what comes to mind when you think Tex-Mex but it was good nonetheless, with a nice amount of spinach and mashed potato. The two enchiladas were coated with some melted cheese and accompanied with Mexican rice, which my mom reckoned tasted more like it had Indian spices in it.

She went with the prawn enchiladas which I'm glad I didn't order as they were stuffed with onions. I am not a onion fan.

My sister took the good-ole favourite of beef burrito, served with chili con carne on top and a side of refried beans. Yum.

After lunch, it was a quick stop at Provence for my favourite cream cheese buns - nobody makes them like this place does! (then again, it's more like I haven't seen it being sold anywhere else)

Cha Cha Cha
32 Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
Tel: 6462 1650

3 comments:

huckerby said...

i was at holland v on saturday too! but earlier... around 11 plus ;)

RealLifeReading said...

heh. whereabouts?

huckerby said...

oh i had mee rebus at killiney! then to provence to buy sandwiches ;)