Friday, February 24, 2006

linkfest

"If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine the Cantonese will eat it."
Said Prince Philip at a World Wildlife Fund meeting.
And more (off TMN)

This year's Oscarsare the gayest ever

Chewbacca's blog (off Torture Garden)

MP3s
An Aquarium Drunkard's got some Kathleen Edwards mp3s.

Mr. has a new Flaming Lips track.

Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good has a nice load of covers, including Ben Gibbard doing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Hungry? Try out Heston Blumenthal's sandwich recipes

Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos gets local food names wrong in his Guardian article (sorry, link's been fixed)
I'm considering writing to him.
Dear Alex Kapranos, I'm glad you enjoyed the food in Singapore. But I don't think the Mormon state would appreciate being called "a paste of coconut, chilli and fish, wrapped in a banana leaf and roasted'. The correct term would be "otah".
I hear from friends that you guys rocked Singapore, I wish I could say that myself but I can instead only say that you guys rocked Bangkok.
However, if you guys ever return to Singapore (and I hope you do!) I will gladly volunteer my services as a resident foodie to take you... er... out.



Listening: Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God

1 comment:

Biao said...

Is that a pun I see? That is so awful! Shame on you. ;)