Thursday, February 16, 2006

guess what


The addiction is getting worse...
I popped into Lucky Plaza for the sole purpose of
changing S$ into baht, and ended up buying five
books.
Granted, they were cheap - $30 for 5 books.
But still!

So I lugged a bagful of:
Martin Amis - Yellow Dog (was thinking twice
about this one, but eh $5)
Chuck Palahniuk - Non-fiction
Italo Calvino - Hermit In Paris
Julian Barnes - Lemon Table
Alice Munro - The Moons Of Jupiter

I decided to not exceed five, although I saw a
couple of others I was kinda interested in.
It's not about the money, it's more about the
insanity.
It's about the number of books I buy and still
haven't read.
It's about the accumulation of books on my shelf
and my other shelf, and my other shelf, and my
floor.
It's about buying, and buying, and still buying
more.

I was just watching that ep of Sex And The City
where Carrie evaluates her financial non-status
and realises that she's got $40,000 worth of
shoes.
Well, all I can say is thank god books don't
cost $400 each.


Sigh.. Must Not Buy Books in Bangkok....

I fly off to bkk tomorrow, for the third year
in a row. This time, it's not
just to eat and shop but also to catch the rock
festival. Will fill y'all in later.

have a good weekend and wish me good weather

4 comments:

andrian martin dominic said...

you're going bkk! darn! why am i not in singapore! the lineup is awesome compared to the bigday out theyhad here in melbourne!

aberwyn said...

eh, lucky plaza got bookshop?
I just went bangkok during the cny weekend. man.. the traffic sux eggs.

RealLifeReading said...

lucky plaza - it was a book fair on the ground floor.

Lounge Lizard said...

Chuck Palahniuk - Non-fiction goot or not?