Sunday, February 26, 2006

sunday's my funday

The printer (the one that churns out proofs) has gone a bit mad, kicking up a fuss and making all sorts of noise as the sheets of paper spool out. It sounds like a Magimix, whipping up some egg whites for a souffle.

Mmm souffles... the best one I've ever had was at Au Petit Salut. It was a delicately light, and yet bursting with flavour, chestnut souffle. And just yesterday, while I was lazy about watching TV, on the Asian Food Channel - which has sucky interstitials - Cook Like A Chef, this Canadian show which features real chefs had one fella from Calgary doing a chestnut souffle (gasp!) and a er, well I dunno what the other one was except that it had cheese and bechamel sauce... I deduce from that that it was a cheese souffle. It didn't look that difficult - ok so he had an assistant whip up the whites for him - but the chestnut one looks doable, I think! Although my guess is that it will probably fall. And then my face will.


Oh and in case you haven't ever checked out the list of food blogs I read via bloglines, let me recommend: Kitchen Appartment Therapy - a gorgeous, clean site that's got great links to recipes and products you just want to lay your hands on.

And this makes for good, light, Sunday evening reading.
A Guardian writer goes on a Body Holiday in St Lucia and lives to tell his tale

There's archery too. I amaze the tutor with my idiosyncratic bowstring action, which involves missing the target with every arrow while skilfully removing a layer of skin from my arm.


This is why many Japanese people would rather not watch Westerners eat sushi: it's not just gross, it's wrong.

No comments: