Friday, February 10, 2006

plastered

i have learnt that it's not easy to type without
the use of the left index finger. The left hand
can hardly keep up with the right. And it's a bit
tricky using the mouse too - I had to switch to
the left hand a couple of years ago because of a
problem with my wrist and ended up getting used
to it so haven't switched back.
Here's what happened - was happily chopping up
some chilli to add to this tomato soup thing i
was making for lunch and then i realise i seem to
have sliced into my finger. Fortunately I didnt
actually cut into any flesh but managed to slice
off some of my nail, leaving quite a bit of the
flesh under it exposed, raw and red. A bit
freaked out, I didnt dare look at it and just
stuffed my finger under some running water,
cursing away. Luckily due to the bigass blister
on my left heel, I had picked up plasters the day
before.
Pain lah.
I think I shall write about the yummy dinner at
Moomba another day.
(ok so i've never had anything happen to me in the
kitchen before)

3 comments:

imp said...

eiooowww!!! you take care of that nail/flesh now k?

Dawn said...

ouch!!!

Unknown said...

goosebumps coming up all over me! Getting cuts in the kitchen when slicing is all part and parcel of the sacrifices to be made to the *kitchen-god*, just make sure u dun sacrifice anything more than a few scars here and there!