Tuesday, February 07, 2006

signs

For those who enjoy reading NYT's Weddings & Celebrations as much as I do, here's it all in figures!

I woke up with a start at about 3plus in the morning. The room seemed all bright, and I was disoriented from being wakened (it even felt like someone had shook me awake) just as I was headed into deep sleep. Strangely, across the room, the study table lamp was on and cast a white light across that half of the room. I quickly glanced around. Everything else seemed in place. I was half tempted to leave the light on and close my eyes but I got up and turned it off. I wondered for a sec if this was some kind of sign for me to look at something. A bright light, shining suddenly onto my mess of an unused table.

Then I remembered that I don't believe in these things so I stumbled back into bed.

The Guardian's Tim Dowling bakes
a Snickers pie<, and wouldn't you like to know more?

I made a pasta salad with chickpeas and tuna today. Cooked the pasta, opened the cans and then glared at the fridge's invitingly cold shelves as there was no mayo in sight. I had to make do with some old-ish Japanese mayo (which I dont really like) and some olive oil. Tossed in some bits of frisee and rocket into the warm pasta and zapped a corn on the cob in the microwave. And that was lunch. Relatively healthy for a change.

Guy Browning's How To... columns in Guardian Weekend always make me laugh. But there's always some truth underneath that humour. Like this one, about how to find love.

And BT decides to review Saint Pierre and Table 108. (Not sure if this is accessible to all so if you're just dying to read it, email me.) Otherwise just read my visit to Saint Pierre lah!

Currently
Listening: Andrew Bird - Sovay
Feeling: hungry
Made the mistake of: Reading Chubby Hubby's latest post
Wondering: what recipe in the new cookie book to try next. Although the question really should be When? Because the house is just overloaded still with CNY cookies. Although I quite like these Heartbreaker butter cookies - just in time for Valentine's Day.
Realising: I will probably try to deplete some of that CNY cookie oversupply when I get home from work later. Hopefully before 1am today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will be trying out those same 2 restaurants, read your take, am wondering if the wine pairings were any good though, they sound quite delicious. doubt I'll have the luxury of having the degustation menu. read the BT ones and am trying to keep those tastebud expectations down :)

/bossanoville

RealLifeReading said...

most of the wines were fab. except for the one that came with the cod. it was a little too much for me tho so when it got to the last one - a port, i could only manage a sip! i was just too full to appreciate it...
$95 is quite a lot to pay for one meal but I think it's definitely worth it. After all, if you get a starter and a main it'll prob come up to more than $50.