Tuesday, April 27, 2004

radiohead again

It might be just a little crazy to fly eight hours to see a concert. But that's what I did a few days ago.

Probably what's crazier is that I wasn't that big a Radiohead fan. I didn't own all the albums, didn't know all their songs.

And now, after staggering out of the concert in a daze (a good daze mind you, and not one out of a haze of weed - the scent of which was floating around the Sydney Entertainment Centre) I just want to experience it all again. And this time, sing every word with Thom Yorke.

If I could use only one word to describe the Radiohead concert, it would be BRILLIANT. This can easily be replaced by EXCELLENT and AWESOME and AMAZING. but of course all this would sound tons better as such: f**king brilliant, f**king excellent... you get the picture.

On the flight back, I chilled out by listening to yeah you guessed it, Radiohead. I would've listened to Muse but I only had it on CD at that time, not on my precious, so I couldn't listen to them. They are equally brilliant btw, and I would LOVE to watch them live. Unfortunately they did play at Big Day Out this year, so have no idea when they'll be headed to this part of the world again.

Another music fest I would've loved to have gone to is last year's Summer Sonic in Japan (Tokyo/Osaka). Which had Radiohead and a whole host of others. (cant'remember them now as I am thinking of the lineup for Coachella - which includes The Cure, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab For Cutie, Radiohead, Air and plenty more)

No comments: