Wednesday, April 06, 2005

learning about myself

i'd written a nice long blog just a few minutes ago, hit the PUBLISH POST button, and switched to another window to check my email, only to flip back and see this lovely message from the Blogger people apologising for an error, and informing me that "engineers" will be working on it.

So here's my reply, since my previous post has been Wiped Out.

Dear Incompetent Engineers at Blogger,

I tried to post to my blog late last night, after watching some TV and with various thoughts running through my head. I logged onto Blogger and when my Dashboard came up, I click the + sign to add a new blog.
It seemed to be taking quite a while so I decided to check my email and talk to my friend on the phone for a bit.
It was an interesting conversation that went on for a while, so after it ended, I turned my attention back to the computer, ready to fire up a post.
And to my horror, the page was still loading.
And loading.
And loading.
And I gave up. I closed the explorer browser, shut down iTunes, and also the computer and went to read.

This morning, I decided to make another attempt and logged on. Everything seemed fine until YOU SCREWED UP AGAIN AND MY POST WENT MISSING.

That's two strikes.

You want a third?

With only the best of regards,
An Irate Blogger who has decided to copy every post into NotePad before hitting the treacherous PUBLISH POST button

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah, i think better to write on Word /Notepad first! Same for me! It also makes me look as if i'm REALLY working at the office! ahahahaha!

Dawn said...

hey i've been experiencing the same problems!!! but the funny thing was, for this one post, it was actually published even though "the engineers were working on the errors". so now, i've decided to copy and paste my entry on Word, before hitting the publish button.