Thursday, November 03, 2005

Taking stock

So as 2005 draws to a close, I've been trying to figure out what it is I have been doing. What achievements have I made throughout the year?

My mind is a blank.

I don't really think I've achieved anything much at work. I realise that every year that I've been at this company, I've started a new year at a new place. Next year, though it'll be back to where I started this year. Mixed feelings.

I am proud of having seen my kid through to Primary 6 and the PSLE, we'll know how she's done soon. CCF has asked me to take on someone else next year, but at the same time I'm not going to give her up yet - secondary school is a big step and I hope to maybe see her through the first half of next year.

I had been all ready to say that health-wise, I've been feeling good, but then, (see previous post) I haven't the past few days. But overall, not too bad I guess, I've been putting in regular exercise so I'm quite happy about that.

I've made some new friends this year, which is fantastic, and also become better friends with some others. I've tried to meet up with friends often, although yes, mej, we've not gone HongKong-ing yet.

I've read plenty of books, although always wanting more, watched far too few movies, listened and bought a good number of CDs (and yousendit-ed a number to people!), travelled quite a number of times but mostly around the region.

I reckon I rack up points when it comes to eating, having tried out plenty of new (for me at least) places, but also finding some duds. Drinks-wise, there have been quite number of hazy nights and one very wasted one vs perfectly sane nights which I reckon sort of evens things out.

Financially, I saved far less than I hoped and spent more than I should.

(to be continued)

Listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Pin


No comments: