Friday, February 16, 2007

brownie 101

Once again, the brownie recipe that has never failed me didn't fail me. Thank you Bill Granger!
So here it is, this time in pictures:

(pls note that I halved the recipe as I wasn't sure if the whole thing could fit on my rather small pan. If you'd like the whole recipe and in case you detest show-and-tell, here it is)


This is everything you need. Get your oven preheated to 160deg C and butter/oil your baking pan.


Combine 185g brown sugar, 40g cocoa powder, 30g plain flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder.


Melt 125g butter in the microwave and add 1 tsp vanilla extract.


Beat two eggs.


Combine the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla and butter) with the dry and mix well.


Roughly chop up 100g of good dark chocolate. Granger's calls for chocolate buttons, but who needs equally shaped blah chocolate bits, when you get to bang up a chocolate bar and get these great uneven chocolatey surprises instead? When it's chopped up (not too fine), mix in with the rest.


Then grab your buttered pan, scrape all the good stuff in, even it out with your spoon, and put it in your preheated 160deg oven! The recipe says 40-45 minutes but I took it out after slightly less than 40.

Easy and always good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed eating two pieces of brownie. It was delicious!! Of course much delicious than Summerfield's one...hehehe. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!. I've baked brownies with the receipe at the back of my Hersheys Cooking Choc Bar. Taste good. But your brownie looks better... (am sure the brown sugar works better) Am gonna try this weekend!!!.. / Elsie

RealLifeReading said...

Hey there elsie! Let me know how it turns out