Friday, July 13, 2007

nearly over

On my last couple of days in Singapore, I'm taking a break.
There's still things I need to buy, people I haven't yet met up with.
But I've never been much of a shopper (unless you're talking books) and I feel I've kinda spent my initial 'meet-everyone!' enthusiasm. So this weekend is going to be a nice and eventless one, mostly spent at home.
I feel like I've done quite a lot in my two plus weeks here. I've met up with various friends, including one I've not seen for twelve years. I've tried some new places (for eg Fabbrica and Yen Dining at Dempsey) and hit some old ones (Soup Restaurant, Crystal Jade). Perhaps it's having not had access to some foods that has made my expectations shoot sky-high. So my overall foodie experience in these two weeks has been an average three our of five stars. Nothing spectacular. Nothing that has made my mouth water at the thought of eating it again. Don't get me wrong, I so did enjoy eating all the local food that I can never get in Brighton. It was great, but I don't see myself craving for it for another year (I'll let you know in a few months).
I will miss a lot of people here and I'm thankful for everyone who's taken the time to meet me. I apologise if my answers to various questions have been rather insipid - I blame it on the humidity and the cloud of lethargy that it brings with it! And if I didn't get the chance to meet you, there's always next time.
I fly on Monday at 3am.

No comments: