Wednesday, March 26, 2008

YA fiction

It's been many years since I've wandered the aisles of the 'Young Adult' section in the library. But what gems there are to be unearthed! Megan Whalen Turner's The Thief has a fun plot, great characters, and after I finished it, I just couldn't wait to get started on the next books, The Queen of Attolia and The King of Attolia. But I got sidetracked by Peter S Beagle's The Last Unicorn, which was first published in 1968, and which I only heard about last year when monoceros recommended it. It's a magical tale of a unicorn's search for her kind. I'm no good at writing book reviews, so I'll point you to a couple, and some on The Thief here.

As always, I welcome reading recommendations, YA or otherwise.

Listening: Headlights - Some Racing, Some Stopping



No comments: