Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happiness in a cup of tomato soup

I liked Saybons. I didn’t like that it was takeaway only with not even a counter or standing tables to slurp soup at. Because they do some gorgeous tomato soup. It was the first tomato soup in a long time to make my tastebuds go, woohoo. I think the last time that happened with tomato soup was at St Pierre. But that was damn expensive soup. This one was about $2.90 for a pretty decent cup. MT and I tried all four of their soups: broccoli and cheese, mushroom, seafood bisque, and the tomato. The mushroom was the most lacking, but it was still a pretty decent mushroomy broth. The seafood bisque was very prawny and got a bit tastier as the cup emptied - I suppose the contents needed a good stirring. The broccoli was a surprising hit – bursting with flavour. The soups start from $2.90 and they also have crepes, both sweet and savoury - just be prepared to stand around and slurp, or sit outside.

Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #B2-32 ( near Carls' Junior)
Singapore 238839
Tel: 68849018
Open 11am to 10pm daily

No comments: