Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I love breakfast foods

I could eat them at any time of the day.

I used to work at night, reaching home past 1am, and the best thing to eat then was a bowl of crunchy cereal doused with milk.

But that's not the only type of breakfast foods I enjoy. Rather, it's the wonderful array that is available at Sunday brunch. And on Sunday, we had brunch at The Creamery, sitting outside, under the heat lamp and next to an open fire. It was a good day for an outdoor brunch.

The food was, well, it was decent. I went for the brioche french toast. I know, I know, French toast is quite a no-brainer meal, it's something I make when the toast is nearing its useby date. But I am a big sucker for brioche. So that's what I went for. It was perfectly fine. I got to try some of the corned beef hash, which was quite tasty, although I continue to be disappointed by others' scrambled eggs (you get a choice of two eggs), which, like this one tend to be a bit overcooked. (It seems that we should've tried their non-breakfast foods like their burgers)

So the food was average, but the day was a nice one, and so was the company.

No comments: