Monday, April 13, 2009

Saturday in Santa Cruz Part One

Saturday morning started out with a drive down some winding roads and ended up at the Mystery Spot. It's supposedly a place with some kind of gravitational anomaly. The tour involved the use of levels and a billiard ball to illustrate various things that I wasn't quite paying attention to. It was mildly entertaining but wasn't quite worth the wait nor the $5 parking fee.




It was after 1pm by the time we left, and we were all pretty hungry, which probably accounts for why a heap of appetisers were ordered at The Greek. There were garlic fries, mussels, beans, greens, sausages, tarmasalata and pita bread.




R's main - lamb gyro.

I had the moussaka, which came with more carbs - pita bread, rice and potato. Not too bad, pretty creamy and packed with eggplant. But I think I prefered the appetisers, especially the sausages and the tarmasalata.

Of course I didn't manage to finish my meal.


We ended with some baklava, which was a bit of a letdown, as it was barely buttery.

The Greek
435 Front St
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

No comments: