Friday, October 03, 2003

All caged up

I have a new found respect for Mr Nicolas Cage.

It wasn't just after watching his latest film Matchstick Men, but also becos I saw him on Inside The Actor's Studio, which is always a great show.

I guess i never knew how far his acting career has stretched. I always think of Cage in the post-The Rock/Con-Air era. I've forgotten that he's been in Raising Arizona, Honeymoon in Vegas and of course, Leaving Las Vegas, for which he won an Oscar.

Unfortunately I missed out on Adaptation, and hopefully will get my hands on the DVD soon.

but he is a real versatile actor, although he still doesn't impress me as much as Chris Cooper, whom I think did a fantastic job in Seabiscuit.

What I do respect Mr Cage for is changing his name. Staying away from the name of Coppola which means a helluva lot in Hollywood. Yup Francis Ford Coppola is his uncle and that makes Sofia Coppola his cousin. Apparently he chose the name Cage becos he likes the composer John Cage, whose music he admires for its adventurous feel.

And I have to admit, i like the way he talks, kinda casual, low.

No comments: