Thursday, February 12, 2004

meanwhile...

i also watched Tim Burton's Big Fish but wasn't too impressed with it. It was interesting and a bit fantastical but wasn't fascinating, unlike Burton's previous works. I have to admit that my favourite Burton film is always Nightmare Before Christmas. Nothing and I mean nothing can beat that one!

I've been thinking about the movies I have seen these 1 1/2 months. and I'm starting to think that Lost In Translation and Last Life Of the Universe as well as Love Me If You Dare were among the top 3 films of Jan and Feb. I liked that they made you think a little, didn't give an 'ideal' ending and the acting was generally good all around.
So applause all around for the brilliant screenwriters, directors, actors, producers and of course the movie distributors that actually brought them to Sg.

One thing about the Big Fish preview. It was held at the preview theatrette at Cathay (Hall 6) which is a bit of a thing. Prob seats only about 30 people. And it was packed! Luckily we managed to arrive early-ish and secured second row seats. Yeah I know, second row ain't all that good but at least we didn't need to sit on the stairs, which some people did!

No comments: