Monday, August 22, 2005

i like watching the puddles gather rain

After having resolved to not watch TV when I get home from work (there's nothing much showing anyway and I tend to watch bits and pieces from various channels) I slept at two, having scooted out of the office to catch the 1230 transport.

So instead of zoning out in front of the TV I read Maile Meloy's Liars And Saints which I quite adore. It's a novel about four generations of a family, from WW2 to the present time. About 1/3 through so far.

And so I wake up this morning at 9, note that the sun's out so decide to go for a swim after breakfast. But as I sit with my cheese-on-multigrain bread sandwich, I notice the room growing darker. NO!!

I grab the paper and flip to the back of the foreign page where the weather guide is. There's that damn picture of dark clouds with a lightning bolt on the top right hand corner. It's supposed to rain over much of the island in the morning.

And then it begins.

And it's still raining.

For a while there, there was some hope of sunshine. While it continued to rain, the sun shone bright lighting up the room. But after those few seconds of happiness, the sky clouded back over again.

I don't think I'll be doing any swimming today.

(As if on cue, the drizzle turns into sheets of rain)

Listening to Nicolai Dunger's Dr Zhivago's Train - love this song!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

eh you kena spammed ah?

RealLifeReading said...

yeah :( second time...

lecram sinun said...

sorry... mine was not spam... just a comment. If you prefer I not comment I will respect that.

RealLifeReading said...

lecram sinun - unfortunately I had been too eager to hit the trashcan icon on the spam so I deleted everything I didn't recognise. My apologies, and please feel free to comment.

lecram sinun said...

cool. thanks.