Friday, August 29, 2003

quack quack

had my first ever visit 2 a physiotherapist on dad's recommendation. good location! just 9 floors above california fitness-- sprained yr ankle while running on thee treadmill? strained a muscle lifting weights?hjave no fear we're just up here!
as u can see im still doin the one-handed type.

it was an interesting trip. learnt a couple of things:
uno - it's not tendonitis! ir=t's a sprained ligament at the wrist....hmmm second ligament ive sprained - the other was 5 years ago - on my leg.

dos - i'm hyper-mobile (at least that's wat i heard him say) meaning that my joints are very flexible - which he demostrated by twisted my wrist like it was made of rubber. i kinda freaked. not becos it was painful, but becos it was being twisted at an angle i never thot possible - very scary i tell u 2 have yr hand manipulated like that.
this explains my constant sprained ankles and i think my weirdedout thumb (remind me 2 show u, in case u havent seen it yet - whoever u are - im a regular freak show! i can see it now...my name in not-so-bright lights - COME SEE THE AMAZING HYPER-MOBILE LADY! IF YER DUN KNO WAT WERE TAKLKIN ABT, ALL THE MORE YER SHOOLD COME N SEE!)

anyway, i got ultrasound treatment n heat treatment n a wrist brace to emphasize my injury - im hoping to get some extra sympathy here! (just kidding)

but i stil gotta go 2 werk. damn!


No comments: