Thursday, December 18, 2003

good buys

forgot to mention that i headed to work real early on monday just to visit the Life! annual sale! The money goes in aid of the School Pocket Money Fund so my $34 was wisely spent. hahaha....

here's what i got: Counting Crows' Hard Candy, Nelly Furtado's Whoa Nelly, Corinne May's Fly Away and Foo Fighters' One By One.

Also Ethan Canin's Carry Me Across The Water, Paul Auster's The Book Of Illusions and some kinda weird book that i can't remember the name of, let alone why i bought it.

and all for 34 bucks! no too shabby there.

i'm listening to Whoa Nelly and i must say that's a great buy. She surprises me, although i've heard some of her radio hits like I'm Like A Bird and On The Radio.

She's not your average pop princess and i'm sure she would hate that title. She's got a pretty nasal voice but her songwriting talent sure makes up for that.

As for Hard Candy, I've no idea why I bought it really cos I just got the Best Of last week! must have been the low low price that drove me to get it.... i am such a sucker for bargains.....

would also like to add that i love the Blackeyed Peas' Elephunk!

I bought it.... well technically i bought it as a christmas present for my cousin but being me i had to open up the packaging and somehow it slipped into my computer and a copy got burned.

This album of course has Where Is The Love? (nominated for Song Of The Year grammy award) and Hey mama which sounds very sean paul and is indeed the iPod ad song.

but the rest of the album is a whole lot of fun too. good buy this one. altho of course not really my buy....

No comments: