Wednesday, December 03, 2003

new cds

finally laid my hands on Pearl Jam's newest album. Well technically Riot Act is still their newest as Lost Dogs are a collection of Bsides and other rarities, including almost every fan's fave Yellow Ledbetter. The first CD is a more upbeat rocking collection, which includes surf hit Gremmie Out Of Control, Jack Irons' Whale Song and Stone Gossard singing his Don't Gimme No Lip.

The second CD, which I haven't finished listening to yet - I like to take it slow, listen to it in bits and pieces - sounds more retrospective although I noticed that track no 12 is DIrty Frank which is a crazed drunken-ass type song so maybe not as retrospective as I thought.

What I also like about the CD is that the band adds little notes about the songs. Like Mike McCready saying what he likes about a Vedder song etc. Pretty damn cool.

Yes I'm a big fan. Have always been. Omigod. it's been almost 10 years since their concert here in Singapore (which is of course the best concert I've ever been to - unless I get to see them again that is) at the Indoor Stadium. It was seriously too cool. Mudhoney opened for them and I remember they started with Black, in total darkness. It was crazy in the beginning, with chairs being passed over head, turning the expensive seats (i was in the 6th row!!!) into a mosh pit of sorts. Man I would like to relive that night.

No comments: