Saturday, October 31, 2009

Read in October 2009

I can't believe that we're heading into the last two months of the year already. Has it been ten months since I've been here? Where did all that time go? Oh right, I was doing some reading (of course, not reading like some other people have been reading. I've only just hit 200 books). Anyway, on this last day of October, I have no reading plans, as it's the husband's birthday and it's off to make a pandan cake! Happy birthday my love!

Fiction(17) 
The Winter Vault - Anne Michaels
Brooklyn - Coim Toibin
The Children of Men - PD James
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Other Stories - Robert Louis Stevenson
Something Borrowed - Emily Griffin
Red Sorghum - Mo Yan
The Ghost in Love - Jonathan Carroll
Love Begins in Winter - Simon van Booy
Beat the Reaper - Josh Bazell
How The Soldier Repairs the Gramophone - Sasa Stanisic
A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett
Classics of the Macabre - Daphne Du Maurier
Shopgirl - Steve Martin
I Do Not Come To You By Chance - Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet - Reif Larsen
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick

Non-fiction (3)
The Story of My Life - Helen Keller
The Afterlife - Donald Antrim
The Best American Essays of the Century - Joyce Carol Oates (Ed)

Graphic Novels (6)
Sandman: The Doll's House - Neil Gaiman
Sandman: Dream Country Neil Gaiman
Ex Machina: The First Hundred Days - Brian K Vaughn
Serenity: Those Left Behind - Joss Whedon
Jack of Fables: The (Nearly) Great Escape - Bill Willingham  

No comments: