Sunday, October 23, 2005

what do you know

That's all?


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?



I like the Morning News. Always something up their sleeves

Recently, Time magazine published a list of the 100 best novels. But the praise of professional critics hardly matters to the book-reviewing readers at Amazon.com. A compilation of the best of the worst¡­ about the best.
The following are excerpts from actual one-star Amazon.com reviews of books from Time's list of the 100 best novels from 1923 to the present.

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
Author: C.S. Lewis
“I bought these books to have something nice to read to my grandkids. I had to stop, however, because the books are nothing more than advertisements for “Turkish Delight,” a candy popular in the U.K. The whole point of buying books for my grandkids was to give them a break from advertising, and here (throughout) are ads for this “Turkish Delight”! How much money is this Mr. Lewis getting from the Cadbury’s chocolate company anyway? This man must be laughing to the bank.”




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see it now though, "The Life and Times of Olduvai" as a book...

Will be worth more than three thousand bucks!

RealLifeReading said...

aww geez thanks...