Tuesday, May 09, 2006

ok so no more excuses

Ok so the polls are over.

So it is time to once again kickstart this blog because once again my afternoons at work are filled with me twiddling my thumbs and figuring out how to kill time. I just spent 45 minutes at the office library looking at magazines. I shall spend the next half hour or so of no story-subbing reading P.J. O'Rourke's The CEO of the Sofa cos he cracks me up with remarks like this:
Use of bilingual signage in English and French gives the corridors of the UN a sadly Canadian air. One widely posted warning reads SMOKING DISCOURAGED/VEUILLEZ EVITER DE FUMER, and that says it all about the United Nations, its power and its might.

Otherwise, I've been making full use of my mornings and afternoons before work, spending them with R before he leaves. Sometimes we do nothing, other times we run around getting stuff he needs before flying off on Saturday morning. Sometimes I make him my guinea pig and feed him various things I made using recipes I found online such as this crunchy-topped mac and cheese from Too Many Chefs, followed by a simple chocolate pudding from Simply Recipes.

Yeah very big on comfort food. Cheesy, soft, easy food.

I suppose it's weird for me to suddenly write about him, out of nowhere. It's all happened somewhat sudden. Like I said previously, a lot has happened. But it's all good. : )

But then he goes and then for the next few months, I'll be back to my normal routine of blogging, surfing the web, hitting the library, reading, zoning out in front of the TV. Great. Can't wait for August.

6 comments:

shaz said...

sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

very nice! all the good things happened. :)

Dawn said...

i'm so happy for you. i feel all warm and fuzzy reading this post. haha :)

huckerby said...

i volunteer to be substitute food guinea pig till july! :P

RealLifeReading said...

:)
thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

eh who? what? somebody fill me in here! but i get the essence, shar is happy in love again :D