Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The devil made me do it



When I got back from Bangkok - hungry because it's a budget flight and just wanting to bypass all the fast food at the airport and hop in the cab home - I had a hankering for some cake. But we didn't have any cake at home.
And since I was off the next day, I made this Devil's Food Cake, essentially two chocolate cakes sandwiched together with a frosting made of whipped egg whites and sugar syrup.

During the trip I realised that although I love Thai food - that amazing blend of hot, sweet, sour, salty - I can't go too long without some bread/pasta. Eating rice and noodles for four days straight isn't for me, no matter how good the pad thai/beef noodles etc is.

Today I had to make a stop at Tierneys to get some turkey breast and brie for a sandwich for lunch. (NTUC is nearer the house but its deli meats just aren't any good)

No comments: