Tuesday, February 28, 2006

maybe i can do it if i put my back into it



I made cornbread today
It came out better than my last attempt where it was a bit harder than supposed to be. I think I baked it for too long.
This time though, I missed the graininess of the cornmeal, as this recipe called for the cornmeal to be soaked in the milk for 5 minutes. But having sprinkled some cornmeal onto the greased baking pan, it still had a slight crunch to it.
The bread also needed far more salt as it was too bland.
I think I can do better. Although I suppose I'll have to wait a while first before making another batch, my family will kill me.

Ah crap. Sondre Lerche has a new album out. Not that it's crap. It just means I'm gonna have to buy said album.
On top of the albums I've already picked to deepdiscount - which I'm still trying to whittle down.
And that's on top of the other pair of shoes I bought on my day off - effectively making it the fourth pair in less than a month. Had also been tempted to get something from the Nine West sale but I made it out of the store without getting anything.
And also on top of the money I owe for the Threadless sale.
But no - I didn't buy books this time. Good on me eh?

Listening: American Music Club - Queen Jane Approximately

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah, four pairs in less than a month! that's quite a feat. i haven't been buying any of late. my mum's probably thanking god for that!

Lounge Lizard said...

I heard great stuff about your cooking. When can I sample some of the good stuff? :)

RealLifeReading said...

we'll see!