Thursday, January 26, 2006

Clueless shopper strikes again

I set out to do some last-minute CNY shopping (I realised all of my buys in the past few months have been of T-shirts and dark-coloured tops) on Thursday afternoon, a couple of hours before work started at 4.

I hit up the usual suspects and eventually left entered the office with a large plastic bag of goodies.

Unfortunately, it contained:
1 pair of green shoes (I couldn't resist the colour lah)
1 library book (meant to only return library books, but couldn't resist a quick browse, where I found Jasper Fforde's latest - The Big OverEasy and of course I had to borrow that)
3 books that cost a total of $15 (Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, Louise Erdrich's The Master Butchers Singing Club, Hunter S Thompson's Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas)
2 assessment books for the kid (Unfortunately, I've been told that since she's aged out of the CCF system, I have to officially stop tutoring her. But seriously, going from Primary 6 to Sec 1 is a hellhole. You suddenly have History, Geography and Lit to do, on top of those four subjects you initially struggled with. How is a student to cope?)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

err...no new clothes??? wat a shame!!!