Thursday, January 19, 2006

The nose knows

It's been months since I stepped into Borders Bistro and yesterday all the reasons why I don't fancy that place came flooding in.

The smell
It's been some 5 hours since I left the cafe.
I still smell like the cafe.
I feel like maybe I should toss myself into the washing machine and air myself out to dry.

The food - I had a prosciutto pappardelle - was ok, could've been salted less though.

Yesterday was the third time I've been set up with someone. (I suppose it's a sign of growing concern of my unattached status.) Some people are quite freaked out by the thought of a blind date but it is quite interesting to meet a complete stranger and I believe I can trust those setter-uppers to ensure that the guy is not a psycho. Or an F4 fan.

Listening to: Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so. prosciutto was too salty.
but curious folks want to know, was the company spicy?

Anonymous said...

Sod Borders Cafe. We all knew long ago that it sucks. But obviously, the food's not what we readers want to know about. We just want to know if the dish at the other end of the table was hot or not. ;p

Q said...

at the very least you'll have interesting stories to tell coming out of your blind date...I went on a blind date once. At the time, I was experimenting with coloured brown contact lenses..."Autumn" or something like that...To my surprise the guy (who was actuallly quite fit) was also wearing coloured contacts...I knew then it wouldn't work...both of us too vain to be together...

Unknown said...

haha..if you ever to need to knot yourself up, spin-dry mode does sound like a good idea..

Anonymous said...

Perhaps when all is said and done
And you have gone twice around the sun
Traversed Mars, Jupiter and Neptune
Seeking to find, not fame and fortune

When your journey is complete
Your secret diary of stories replete
Resurrecting he you shun
When nothing need be said nor done.

Anonymous said...

At least you know you can trust your setter-uppers. Friends like mine would probably take the extra effort to specifically find me an F4 fan who also digs Xiaxue.

Dawn said...

if it's a mayday fan, go for it :)

Anonymous said...

yes can u imagine charmaine and i actually worked at that place as waitresses for a few months? we were stinky. but yes i hope your blind date was unstinky.

RealLifeReading said...

well thank you everyone for the comments. it was a good lunch despite the smell and the salt.