Wednesday, January 25, 2006

friendly

cute kitchen. Why am I posting this? Maybe cos when that day comes when I actually am able to afford a place of my own, I wouldn't mind a bright and brightly coloured kitchen like this one.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Spoke to my uni lecturer for the first time in hmmm... let's just say several years. Yes it's been that long. So it was nice to hear how she's doing. And that she even remembers me in the first place.

And from an even more distant time: I came across a blog of a JC schoolmate, who I knew from my days in the Outdoor Activities Club (yes I did the whole camping, hiking, biking thing, and Pulau Ubin was the place to be back then). I'm very good at not keeping in contact with people from OAC. So I decided, that since the friendship crusade is semi-on, I'd drop an email and remake a friend.

So that's score two points for me today, I suppose.

Have you talked to your lecturer or remade a friend today?

Listening: Spoon - The Beast and Dragon, Adored

4 comments:

imp said...

"remake a friend".

i like the 'remake'. years later after leaving school and to meet again,i realize i never really knew the person i called 'friend' in the past. and now,it's through new eyes again.

but i don't always make the effort. guilty. only as it swings along. serendipity i guess.

huckerby said...

who's the lecturer?

RealLifeReading said...

imp - it's never too late to make an effort! (unless of course the effort is made just after someone strikes the lottery big time)

hucks - aquilia

Anonymous said...

hello, I googled "friendship crusade" and your blog popped up - I actually have one and I actively seek out "friends"," very fun. I also saw something about how Singaporeans say "lah" all the time - I would know, my mother is from there. maybe we can get in contact! whirlpool4@hotmail.com