Monday, January 23, 2006

what you got to hide?

Grey's Anatomy struck a chord last night, when Meredith said something along the lines of: "We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"

And it was over midnight dimsum at my favourite midnight dimsum place when the friend who had asked me to supper said that it is sad how the number of friends we have dwindle as we grow older. I suppose that's true - look at your parents. How many friends do they have?

So how do you keep hold of these relationships? It's all about the effort isn't it? The effort made in calling up your friend and saying, hey how are you doing? Let's get dinner. But work gets in the way or people get tied down in relationships and start families. And things are different. At this moment in time though, none of my close friends have settled down as yet. But it will eventually happen. And in the first place, I myself was formerly guilty of almost disappearing off the face of this earth when I found myself in a relationship. What exactly am I driving at? I'm not sure myself. Maybe I'm spreading my friend's crusade to keep hold of friends, and work at relationships.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It becomes more scary when your friends start to marry and have kids. - D W