Monday, September 26, 2005

Dining Out - Ember

Haven't been to Ember since earlier this year so it was nice to be treated to a dinner at this lovely restaurant last night.

Started out with some gorgeously plump seared scallops wrapped with bacon and paired with a salad which had a light citrus-y dressing.

The main was the rack of lamb, which the waitstaff warned "the chef serves pink". I would be truly disappointed if it weren't.

Unfortunately it was served with leeks, which I'm not too fond of, but the lamb was just right - tender and juicy. Although somehow it made me think fondly of Oso's eight-hour oven-baked lamb rack, which I really would love to feast on one day - I'd only sampled some morsels off my friend's plate the last time.

The only dessert that called out to me was the Valrhona chocolate cake. Not terribly exciting I know, but it was, as always, a delight with its warm chocolate oozing forth, paired with vanilla ice-cream and a glass of dessert wine.

Monday blues
? Not when you get the day off, do some shopping and end the day with some good food and good company.

Restaurant Ember at Hotel 1929
50 Keong Saik Road
Tel: 6347-1928


Tag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the restuarant located?

RealLifeReading said...

ah yes, added that into the post already!