Tuesday, September 06, 2005

distill the life that's inside of me

I am longing to have some afternoon tea.

Not the mad rush of buffets that many hotels here entice people with.

Rather a more refined, sit-down tea.

With a couple of trays of small cakes, scones (oh, love scones with strawberry jam) and sandwiches, and of course several choices of choice teas, although I tend to play it safe and go with darjeeling.

I remember liking the one at The Regent (although they give in and turn it into a buffet on weekends) and I think the Shangri-La, which might've been a buffet though.
However, while some people rave about the Devonshire cream tea at Fosters, that one is just sad. Sad little sandwiches and dry-looking scones.

I think the best scones I've had here at from Cellar Door Deli but they tend to sell out quite fast! Haven't had those in ages.

Akan datang...
dinner on Thursday at Oso at Tanjong Pagar! Will review that in due course, but was quite appalled to learn that corkage is $30. Wine might not be an option after all....

Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld
So I can sigh eternally

No comments: