Thursday, September 01, 2005

yellow

It's my mum's birthday today, so I took the day off and we're gonna go out to the Harbour Grill for dinner.

So besides watching TV and reading The Historian (I'm about halfway through and I must say that while it's interesting, it is a bit tedious!), I skipped off down to Coronation Plaza to pick up these lovely flowers.



And made a tarte tatin (which seemed a bit disastrous earlier, because my dough felt like it had way too much butter and not enough flour, as in, it wasn't becoming breadcrumb-like, so I had to toss in more flour. And later, I read the recipe again to notice that they said, rub in 125g of butter, not 150g of butter. The remainder was to be melted with the sugar. Dough! - So I ended up with excess dough...)



Seems to look alright though. The real test will come later when we get back from dinner, with hopefully a little room for a slice of tarte tatin (essentially an upside down apple cake, with a fancy French name.) The origins of the name apparently is because it was first served at L'Hotel Tatin in Lamotte-Beuvron during the 19th century.

Listening to Joni Mitchell - Little Green

No comments: