Friday, September 30, 2005

one more cup

If I buy coffee everyday at work, well not everyday since Spins dont open on Sundays, it'll cost me $2.50 x 4 = $10 a week, $40 a month, $480 a year. And that's provided I stick to a small Americano and nothing more.

If I buy coffee twice a week, which is what I'm doing now, it's costing me $2.50 x 2 = $5, $20 a month, $240 a year.

Could this money be better spent elsewhere?

Probably.

But then, how can I resist a cup of coffee? How could I ever drink the crap that flows out of a vending machine? How could I drink kopitiam kopi? Yeah I know, very atas huh. But I can't help it! I'm a Spinelli's afficionado.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter. Even the little cups of coffee that help me make it through the night.

(help I can't do mental sums)

Listening to The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

3 comments:

RealLifeReading said...

Ah cool. Well, I think part of this coffee-drinking habit is that I can get out of the office and head upstairs to the canteen for a bit. I suppose I could always make the switch to a fresh fruit juice.... but sometimes cannot resist lah!

laur said...

but but that's also good money spent on good caffeine kicks! I don't even try to resist. I figure the small things help get ppl through the day happily, no?

RealLifeReading said...

yup, indeed, sometimes the small things matter the most!